Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Doing things in person

Conference calls, Webinars, Video Calls sure all ways to reduce costs and increase contacts. Yesterday I had a chance to do what I enjoy the most, go on the road and close deals. Mark St.Peter did all the leg work on a large deal for a large deal in SW Kansas. We presented the solution and ask for the order. After some deliberation the client signed. Again, nothing like closing a sale.

After reviewing the sales presentation, without being on site, we could have never known when to ask for the sale. Reading body language, getting all decision makers in the room and reading them. Knowing when the opportunity is to ask for the deal. It is my opinion that none of these reads could have been done remotely. The reward was a 1/4 million dollar deal!

The one on one communication goes even one step further. I want to thank Stuart for the call yesterday. Taking the time out your day and giving a call means a lot. Thanks to everyone else that did the same. (Not to say I dont appreciate all the emails) My wife wants to add "Strike a pose there is nothing to it" in reference to the recent photo shoot.

No comments: