Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

If you didn't know, I am the definition of an April Fool. That's right, today is my birthday! So what does that have do do with sales and marketing? Well nothing other than I am marketing my birthday.

I did get to thinking about marketing success. Recently I have put on two marketing events on similar topics in similar areas in KS. One had many people attend, the other had none. Why was one event successful and the other a bust? Simple, the amount of effort that was put into the event by the rep covering the area.

You can mail post cards, send emails and do other marketing to drive attendance. There is one simple way getting people to attend. Ask people either by phone or in person. Other activities may drive some attendance, but we our fooling ourselves if you think that anything other than that will work successfully every time.

On on this fools day, are you fooling yourself? Nothing is more effective in marketing than beating the streets. (That does not mean that you stop all other marketing efforts...More on that later)

No comments: