Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Dear Car Companies "WHY"

I have this 1997 Ford Explorer in the garage that has a feature that many new cars do not have and I want to know why?


So we also have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe and it has that new key fob that is wireless so you don't put a key in the ignition (Or the door). However (I know I am from KS) but the ability to get into the car without the fob is great!. Or to lock the key in the car and use your code to get in. Hey, I have a computer that I use a key to get into and it protects information worth 100 times more than that car?

When I was a lake person, I used to love this feature because I could lock the keys in the car and not worry about dropping them in the lake.

So what are the draw backs to this system. Well, I guess someone could break the window and get the keys and drive off. However I would like to think that I am good at hiding the key not just in the visor? OK fine that is the drawback. How about a locking console where you put the key and it is opened with the code at the same time as the door?

It looks like Ford has the lock on this type of lock? (Pun intended)

So lets take this a step further. How about if you are so paranoid than you have finger print id with a code? Heck that would have better security than my iPhone (Or any thing else for that matter)

Since I have that out of my system how about a feature on my 1984 Corvette that cars need. To open the rear hatch you can use;
*Button on edge of drivers door
*Button on edge of passenger door
*Button in console
Simplicity and you can get to open that hatch from anywhere. Hey it is just a button. (Sure the new cars have a FOB to do that too) But I like the ease of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.