Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fatherly Advice?

It was not directed at me however I did pick up some real food for thought from my dad today.

"Some day you stop working for the money"

What does this mean? It can mean quite a few things such as

For helping people?
For the fun of it?
To make a difference?

While all of these things may be valid, the context is more in the fact that when I started working, I went to work to pay for college, car, food and such. Clearly those needs are met. Once you get to that happy point in which you have met your needs or exceeded, then you start working to get to that next level. I would also say that it goes across the board. You work on the details to get a good review or raise early on. Now you do it to do your best, make the most difference or more.

Anyway, what are you working for?

No comments: