Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What is happening to RS

Some of you may know, I spent 7 1/2 years at Radio Shack. I had a great time and learned quite a bit about management, people, technology, training and more.

I caught up with one of the managers still left there since I left 10 plus years ago. (PS I think he may be the only one left) Anyway, he was telling me about the changes. Some seem very counter productive.

Company is managed from the top by Europeans.

They did away with the manager trainee program. As it was explained to me the promote you and send another "Training" manager down to teach you for 3 days?

The do not have employee sales training any more (Used to be really good!)

They hire district managers and regional managers from outside the company and they basically do not know the business.

This all explains the stock price. I remember when I worked there in 2 years stock split 3 times and that money helped me buy my first house. PS they did away with that program too!

When I left the stock was trading in the 60's It is now in the lower 20's No splits or anything. It has been there for a long time. Dismal performance at best. (Of course I must have a lot to do with it when it was that high!)

No comments: