Thursday, January 28, 2010

So....Lets talk about this

And Tammy Says "The Etta James melody lingered in my mind as I casually strolled into work this Wednesday morning, wearing my jeans and running much (much) later than usual. I didn't have any worries today because my boss is attending a conference. It's about time we get a much needed break from him! Lately, the pace has been incredible, and our boss has really applied the pressure - it's becoming pretty unbearable and his tiresome droll is really wearing on all of our nerves (not just me, I can assure you!) It was so enjoyable to sip on my coffee, sitting at various desks and catching up on office gossip. Heck, by the time I made my rounds, it was already time to take my 2-hour-plus lunch! I'm a huge believer in some veg time to re-energize, but it's hard to do so with "Mr. Let's-Walk-Around-Acting-Important" lurking nearby. At least I have two more days this week before he returns. I already dread Monday, having to pretend I'm actually interested in the new ideas he is sure to tell us all about - over...and over...and over..."

So few times to people actually understand that they are slackers. It is great to know that some of them do understand it...

I will be calling Tammy tonight at after 12 to wish her a Happy birthday. I am sure we can discuss this also...

1 comment:

Tammy "Still Steve's Favorite Employee" Wellbrock said...

To be fair, you should direct your viewers to see this eloquent, well-written blog in its entirety at www.tammywellbrock.com. By the way, I gave you a quarter for the slots while you are in Vegas - did I win big?