Monday, April 20, 2009

Is the art of picking up the phone lost?

I have been dealing with a company (From Redmond) Anyway, trying to get financing set up for a customer. Now lets face it, I get a phone call a day that is willing to do financing. But due to the existing relationship with this company, I decided to work through my TPAM (I may have said too much) and set up an account to allow us to offer their services to our end users.

Due to confusion with our name, our headquarters location and D&B information, I have been emailed 8 separate times. I ask for the person to call me. They continue to email. I tried to call them. Guess what, generic 800 number and I was unable to get to the person emailing me.

So instead of emailing 8 times and really now getting me to the point of irritation, this person could have called me, had a 3 min conversation and a new customer. Instead, I will wait till the end of the day and if I have not heard back? To the competition I go!

No comments: