Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Wii?

Every once in a while products amaze me. The Nintendo Wii is a great example of this. It is not superior technology, the graphics are average at best but the game play and the way you interact with this is amazing. It looks like Nintendo is going to continue to innovate this product. From online game play to the Wii fitness (the first real workout game that I am aware of but am yet to try) this is truly unique. The Best Buy that Aaron and I visited last week noted that the Wii continues to sell out in 24 hours. It has been out well over a year! What a record!

I think that this goes to teach us that truly unique solutions do not have to have superior technology, rather they have to something different from the competition. I can't wait to see what is coming in the future.

The Playstation and XBox 360 continue to be neck and neck in competition. The Wii stands alone in my mind when it comes to gaming solutions. This is how I want to develop solutions!

If you havn't had the chance to try out Wii bowling you should definitely should. My mom practically broke a lamp having fun last Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta say that the Wii Fit is pretty amazing. I am now on day 8 of using it and it's really fun and addictive in a good way!

Aaron