Friday, August 22, 2008

Speed of Trust Revisited.

I am still reading Covey's Speed of Trust. I have to be honest, the reason it is not complete is the latter half of this book is a bit hard to get through. However the first part has been almost life altering. Altering in a way that I view interactions.

The more conflict and poor business decisions I see, the more I can relate that there are significant taxes paid on distrust. People covering their back to make sure that they don't get "Caught" by those who distrust! I have made a decision (And evangelized) that I am going to trust people. The thought of spreading this to others, even in the small area's that I have tried so far, has really opened people's eyes to trust, and more about dis-trust.

Do something for me today, look at the interactions you have today, see if you trust these people. If there are issues in trust, identify them and move the trust forward. You may be shocked at the power of trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, Greg Link here Stephen Covey's business partner. if you are bogged down skip ahead to smart trust. That is where you will live in every moment of trust. Thanks for helping spark a global renaissance of trust.