Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have to admit when I went to see Stephen M.R. Covey yesterday
at the Microsoft World Wide Conference, my expectations were low. I have been to dozens of sales trainings that repeated the same old messages. Today was different. Mr. Covey went over his newest book The Speed of Trust. It was a new message for me. I am truly excited to read this book(My now autographed book).

As a quick summary of what Mr. Covey said was a simple premise. That being you need to trust people, that is until they give you a reason not to trust them. Simply there is a “Tax” on distrust and a “Dividend” on trust. Covey gave great examples and even statistics backing up the concept.

The message is positive and unique. What a great experience. I can’t recommend this book yet but am looking forward to doing this soon.

I also had a great conversation with Pat Dolan (TCC) and Mike Wednesday night. We covered the whole HTG experience and some of the impact it has had on my professional life and my personal life. I can’t thank Arlin enough for this opportunity. I also want to thank the entire HTG3 group. From sharing their homes, family, businesses, personal successes and failures to their hearts. I look forward to our next meeting in Vancouver and letting Jenifer my wife meet these people that she knows well through stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY wanted to attend that session. Thanks for reporting back - sounds like a book I need to pick up.

Thanks Steve for all you've given me - you keep my brain working - which I love.

Aaron