Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Been reading lately?

I want to do some shameless promotion of a couple of friends books. This is for vendor and IT partners. Both books give insight into the business and what we should be looking to do to move business forward.

First Stuart Crawford's "Do You Have IT" book, available at http://www.doyouhaveit.ca/

Second is the book assembled by Arlin Sorensen and written by many of my peers and friends. http://www.htgmembers.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=1

Speaking of reading. I have recently seen a couple of shows/articles on how exercising the brain can improve your ability to learn as you get older. I do a lot of reading, at home and at work. I use Ralph Jensen as an example, he is active in everything and in his 80's. He wants to learn about all things. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I know on PCs and the Internet. He is on the board of a bank, is consistently into something new. I hope I keep my wander and want to learn as he has.

In sales and marketing, everything is changing all the time. Reading and flexing your brain muscle is important for you to keep up with the competition. It is easy to be reminded that you have to exercise the body. Exercising the mind is less obvious.

No comments: