Friday, March 21, 2008

Partners

About a year ago in a HTG meeting (http://ww2.htgmembers.com/) it became obvious that I was taking advantage of partner relationships. By that, I mean that I was expecting of a partner something I was not putting into the relationship.

Since, I have spent significant time working on these relationships and they have paid off. An example of this would be with Jason with SMC out of KC. Jason has helped us identify new product, training and marketing opportunities. This has increased sales for SMC and for Nex-Tech. A true win, win relationship.

Sometimes in sales, we tend to sell only to our customers. It is equally important to sell to our vendors, internal people and other peers. The selling should never stop.

Update to the Home Server. I discovered a hardware problem on the unit I was trying to recover. After repairing this hardware (Replacing the part). It works perfectly. Only thing that I noticed was that after it recovered and boots for the first time, you have to wait 15 min or so for it to complete booting. Something must be completing in the background. Other than that, it works like it did prior to Blue Screen of Death.

No comments: