Friday, March 5, 2010

Man am I old.

Looking around that college class and seeing how young those students look really made me feel old. We were discussing marketing and technology. It quickly made me feel even that much older!

1. They all had cell phones when in HS. The portable phone didnt even exist when I graduated HS.

2. They have Internet on those phones. Internet as we know it didnt exist when I graduated HS.

3. They all have laptops in class. Their cell phone has more storage and processing than my computer had total. (Really about 10 of them)

4. They network. In HS all we had were our "Group"

5. We used a library. Why would they? They have more information available on their phone then we had in the library.

6. They have to pay over double for their school than I did.

7. They can take classes on-line. Like mentioned earlier. There was no on-line.

These are just a few things that have changed in less than 20 years. (Closer to 15). Think what the next 15 years will bring?

5 comments:

surety bonds said...

Think about the advantages.You are not just an old man but you have experiences which makes you more strong.How about sharing those lessons to younger ones?Like on marketing,a chain of knowledge to improve sales.

Tammy Wellbrock said...

It's interesting to reach the age I think of my parents still being. And we grew up with Atari and automatic transmission - I'm sure our parents were amazed at how young we were.

Thanks again for teaching the class - it's fun to have someone else who isn't a teacher by trade yet can still understand the impact, fun and responsibility this teaching opportunity has been!

Tammy Wellbrock said...

It's interesting to reach the age I think of my parents still being. And we grew up with Atari and automatic transmission - I'm sure our parents were amazed at how young we were.

Thanks again for teaching the class - it's fun to have someone else who isn't a teacher by trade yet can still understand the impact, fun and responsibility this teaching opportunity has been!

plumbing said...

Time passes while things keep on changing. All you need is acceptance and be grateful that as time go by there are lots of improvement happened and still happening.

double glazing said...

All of us will grow old. Growing is inevitable as well as dying.