Sunday, February 7, 2010

I GOT IT figured out

So if you have followed the blog for a while, you know I am a Mediacenter fan. However when I upgraded to Windows7 version, I lost my ability to use webguide. See http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide/

The reason it no longer works according to the web site is
Note: WebGuide does not support Windows 7. Unfortunately, there are far too many changes in Windows 7 (and Fiji/TV Pack) that prevent WebGuide from being easily updated to work. Rest assured that the remote access scenarios WebGuide enabled are still near and dear to my heart and that I'm doing everything in my power to advocate for them across Microsoft.

It is posted online that the person who developed the app went to work for Microsoft. To be honest, Microsoft included the streatming into Media Player. It is not great.

So I found Orb www.orb.com I would call it Slingbox for Mediacenter. I can now watch TV, Watch recorded TV and all other media on that Media center. Works great. Sure, I have a few tweaks. However it works of low bandwidth (for remote viewing), on the mobile phone and more. I can even view my web cams. Woo Hoo!

No comments: