Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The interview for Sales.

I have figured it out.   I will put sales reps on a 10 day reality TV show and watch them 24x7.  Only then can you truly get a read for their personality.  Lets face it.  Great salespeople are chamelons (SP)  They are trying to sell themselves in an interview.  And the best thing for them is they are selling the one thing they know everything about!

Even better.  If they should be considered for the position, you should really buy what they are selling.  Maybe this is why I like to find people that are not interviewing.  It is because they are just being themselves when you see them.

Anyway, make sure you get sales reps in a social, casual setting where they will get comfortable.  This way they will let their guard down.  Lunch or somthing like this.  Get the real colors.  I know that in my office I have one individual that has a unique skill of making people comfortable.  Talking sports or their family.  Anyway, they get people to open up and show their true hand.  Many times more then they would ever want anybody to know.  (I have to watch that myself)

No comments: