Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I was ask yesterday how I got into sales.

Really, we are all in sales. We sold someone to hire us, we sold our spouse into marrying us, we sold a used car, convinced someone to do something for us. We are all selling in some form every day.

Yet what really got me into the business? Well, I was sold of course!

It was Randy Shurtz (SP) that managed a RadioShack in NW Topeka. I was bagging groceries in the business next door and was always in checking out the latest electronics. One day he told me he wanted me to work for him. It may be cocky, however that hiring decision (Along with some others) eventually got him promoted. Not sure what Randy ended up doing, I know he ended up with Comp USA (That did not end well) other than that, I am sure he is in sales somewhere.

So, I suppose in some way I am saying thanks for that day some 15 plus years ago. (PS I am sure I would have broke out of the bagging groceries business)

No comments: