Monday, September 28, 2009

A little bit of technical wow.

So I have been working on PCs since the RadioShack days when I sold my first 8086. For those of you that means little to, it was one of the first PCs that RadioShack sold beyond the TRS. So it would be before Windows and was about $3000 for no hard drive and minimal ram. 5 and 1/4 drive.

So back to my story. We used to upgrade the early 486 machines with ram, Sound card and CD drive. That way it would run an encyclopedia. Yes it even had videos.. WHOO HOO.

When we did the upgrades, we had to have grounding straps to keep the static electricity from destroying the components.

Well this weekend I was upgrading the ram on one of the PCs here in the house. I put the ram in my pocket to carry something else. (Not a great idea) then I forgot about it. So after it came out of the washing machine, Jenifer then did not see it and it went through the dryer.

After speaking to Loren he suggested I give it a try. Guess what. It worked...

Jenifer did a great job cleaning out the ram on that PC:)

No comments: