Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It all comes together today.

So the PEERI & II groups meet together with the FBI this morning, we have a special invite only lunch and then public presentation which we have over 100 signed up to attend. As usual I did not sleep very well last night.

Is the room going to be ok?
Are people going to show up?
Is the presentation going to be good?
And generally is everything what I expect it to be?

I have become more and more dependant on the team to get the details done. From Nicki taking care of facilities, to Keven and Tammy handling marketing, Mark taking care of the presenters and their needs. There are so many things that have to come together for these events to be successful that it is almost impossible to handle all the details yourself.

I am not sure why I get worried about these details, the team has not let me down in the past. In fact they have always exceeded expectation.

Maybe the lack of sleep has more to do with my performance. I have to be "ON" today. From leading the PEER group, to getting the folks down and through the lunch and of course keeping things rolling through the afternoon. I am not sure what to expect other than to have the confidence that I can handle what ever comes my way!

No comments: