Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Opportunity Knocking?

You never know when opportunity may knock. A job offer (No, I am not saying anything), sales opportunity or simply a good sale (Jenifer is always looking for this type of opportunity). I think one of the ways I have been good at sales is looking for opportunities and acting on them. Not taking lots of time to ponder, wondering if I have the right solution. I am prepared for all types of opportunities (learning new ones every day)

Recently I saw where we had an opportunity to sell a new solution. We had been evaluating it for some time. Our documentation was done, we understood the value and ready with pricing. However it was a new managed service with a process of implementation that was new and this scared some people. However if you don't sell a solution because every aspect was not covered (Granted you have to make sure technically it is ready) then we would probably never sell anything.

Do your best to prepare, do due diligence and wait, no make opportunity knock.

No comments: