Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Positive attitude may make you blind?

My attitude is, if someones going to criticize me, tell me to my face.Simon Cowell

I have spent a lot of time on the benefit of positive attitude. Like everything, a little too much of a good thing may cause blind spots.

I am sure that you at one time or another have watched American Idle and it has been obvious that the persons singing is horrible. I mean not even close, even I could sing better! Trust me, it is BAD. But the person will not take criticism. They believe they are a good singer and are not going to take the word of the judges. After all, their mom told them they can sing!

Taking criticism and being open to criticism is important for development. Sure it can be painful. Hard on your ego. But development can come at the expense of ego. I am sure that Freud would have something intelligent to add here. That Psych class in HS has faded many years ago. Ego, ID and ...

No comments: