Monday, May 5, 2008

A bad golf outing?

I never really thought there was such a thing. I was wrong. Last Friday four of us played the annual fund raiser tournament for USD 428 Great Bend. Thursday it was 75 and a bit breezy. Friday? 50, cloudy with sprinkles and oh yea, 50 plus MPH winds.

I didn't know that it could get so windy that you couldn't stand still to putt! I sure missed those four office walls. We didn't finish last so I felt it was a success. Not sure what this has to do with sales or business other than sometimes you have to take one for the team.

On a different note to follow up to my meetings blog last week, (That posting received lots of email in support), commitments. If you make a commitment to someone, you have to do your best to keep those. Sure, things come up and things change. Yet if you are the one that is always bailing at the last minute, over booking or changing your appointments not only do the people at the other end feel that they are not important to you, but soon you will find your self not invited to events.

PS Happy Birthday to my DAD!

No comments: