Thursday, April 10, 2008

A couple of days with Lenovo & they get it!

It is refreshing to spend a couple of days with Lenovo. They get the power of partners and the channel. Sitting down with the people in charge with product development and having input on what will be out this fall and next year is a real treat. Let me tell you, it is different, cool and going to wow everyone. But...Don't ask, NDA.

One of the best things that I heard and saw was the top down leadership from the CEO down. Putting customer service, ethics and quality at the top, not the bottom. It definitely shows in every person I met in the last couple of days. I have complete confidence in Lenovo product, people and future. Lenovo is not another "Me Too" company. They sell on quality. Let other companies provide the PC comodity.

In sales, it is important to start with the basics like customer service, quality and ethics. Somtimes we assume customers know this or that it should be obvious. Beyond that, actions speak loudly. This trust is a hard thing to earn and easy to lose, impossible to get back.

On a personal note, I don't travel nearly as much as some of my peers. (Stuart, Arlin) I sure miss my family. I look forward to being able to take the kids on trips and for my wife to come also. The experiences are once in a lifetime. It is all in that balance thing.

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Hi Steve, thanks for the comment in your blog. Travelling is fun, however, it sure makes you tired.

I like the commment on the showing your values, ethics and commitment to what you do every time you talk with a client, pick up the phone or send an email.

The sales person who understands and practices the basics will win. Look at championship Hockey Teams or even your Kansas basketball team, what do they practice the most on the ice or on the court. They practice the basics everyday.

Thanks for the reminder...

Stuart Crawford
Calgary, AB
http://blog.itsuccessmentor.com
http://wealth.itsuccessmentor.com