Thursday, May 1, 2008

Comfortable? Too Comfortable?

A piece of advice I heard somewhere was to do one thing that scares you every day. It is really easy to get in a groove. I see people every day that get comfortable doing the same things and not trying to improve they way they do anything. From the most simple of tasks to the most complex.

Change is hard. Some of the most successful people I have known were not afraid to change the way things were traditionally done. Of course there is a balance. Don't jump ship every time that things do not go your way. You have to stay on a consistent ath. You can find new routes to the same destination. This can be very difficult.

I am continually challenging myself to do things that scare me. From going to places I have never been, to doing things that will make me more knowledgeable but I don't want to do. Everyone around me helps me do these things.

No comments: